Monday 9 September 2013

NME








My top three music videos-NME

Janelle Monae - Cold War



The camera work used on this music video is single camera work. I can tell this because the camera stays on a close up of Janelle Monae's face during the whole video. I like this music video because it is an emotional video. I can tell this because she starts crying in the video which gives the video more of an emotional effect. The only editing they use in this music video is to play the soundtrack over the video making the video very simple. All of this will reduce the cost of the video.

Jay Z - big pimpin


The camera work used in this music video is multi camera work. I can tell this is multi camera work because there is a variety of different shots during the music video, it doesn't stay on Jay Z the whole time. This music video falls in the hip hop/rap genre. In a hip hop music video i would expect to see money, drugs, bling and lots of ladies. This music video shows all of this in it. I like this music video because there is a lot going on and it really shows what a real hip hop/rap music video should really be like.
Michael Jackson-Billie Jean
   
The camera work used in this music video is multi camera work. I can tell that this is multi camera work because there is a variety of different shots during the music video. The camera doesn't stay on Michael Jackson all the time because there is other actors in the video. This music video falls in the pop genre. In a pop video I would expect to see a lot of dancing. This music video shows this because Michael Jackson never stops dancing. I like this music video because it shows what I would expect to see from it and I like the fact the music video tells a story.                         
                      

1 comment:

  1. This is working towards Pass James, to work towards Merit you would need to describe the shots used using the appropriate terminology,

    ReplyDelete